In-suite mask policy update: August 21, 2021
August 21, 2021
August 21, 2021:
In accordance with Cook County and the CDC, Phenix Salon Suites will once again be requiring face masks for all people over the age of 2, regardless of vaccination status.
This doesn’t affect my current mask policy nor any of my cleaning procedures, which have remained the same throughout the pandemic. Up to and including now, I continue to place my trust in you, my guests, as you do in me, to take the necessary steps to prevent the spread of illness.
As always, don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns you may have.
May 19, 2021:
An update for you! Phenix Salon Suites will no longer be requiring face masks for fully vaccinated individuals in their common areas, and will be unlocking the front door and reinstating the seating areas in the hallways. As promised, I have reevaluated based on the current information available to me and my policy will stand as follows:
– Fully vaccinated individuals are welcome to enter the building without a mask, but I will still be requiring one for services in my suite, as well as wearing my own.
– My cleaning rituals will stay the same in between guests
My reasons for choosing to proceed this way are still based on my initial statement. If someone unknowingly makes me a carrier for any illness, it doesn’t matter how well I clean in between guests.
My decisions regarding masks and continued use will be continually evaluated. Masks have been proven to be effective methods of limiting the spread of illness, and I know that most of us enjoyed not having to deal with colds and other illnesses during the winter months. My priority remains the safety of myself, my guests, and our families and I will make the decisions I feel necessary to create a healthy environment for all of us.
Again, don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions I can address for you along the way. Thank you for your continued support of my small business; I wouldn’t be where I’m at if it weren’t for you.
February 20, 2021:
As vaccines are becoming more widely available and we can start seeing a light at the end of the Covid tunnel, I’ve had a lot of time to think about how I want to handle mask wearing inside my suite moving forward. I know that as of the time of publishing there is still a state-wide mask mandate in public areas, and I still haven’t found a clear answer (if it’s even available) if the Covid vaccine is a one time need or a yearly issue like the flu shot. As I have more information available to me, I’ll reevaluate and decide what changes I need to make.
Because my suite is such an intimate space and we are so close together, I will continue to require masks while you are receiving services, and I will continue to be wearing my own mask until such a time that medical professionals are recommending disuse of face coverings.
I have chosen to proceed this way for a few reasons:
- The health and safety of my guests and my own family will always be my first priority. My toddler is too young to be vaccinated, and I know I have guests who also have small children.
- There is no way to socially distance during a hair service.
- I will continue to clean in between each guest like I have been, but if one person passes something to me, I am now a carrier and can/will infect anybody I see after being infected regardless of how clean the surfaces in my suite are.
- While you may not be a high risk individual, the guests after you may be or may be required to interact with high risk individuals in their home.
If this is a decision you don’t agree with, you have the right to feel that way, and I support and encourage you finding a salon professional who is more in line with your beliefs.
As always I am available to address any concerns you may have, and I look forward to seeing you soon!