Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question? Check here first, you may find what you’re looking for!
- In general, the prices are what they are. A number of things go into the determination of prices including the cost of my supplies and materials, the cost of my time based on my education and experience, and the cost of making sure any waste is recycled properly.
- I am happy to work within your budget to create a transformation we’re both happy with, and this is a big part of why my color prices are hourly. This makes sure we’re both on the same page when it comes to what can be achieved based on the resources we have to work with.
- I choose my retail products based on being cruelty free and having a minimal impact on the environment. More importantly, I want to make sure that they actually work. I will not bend on cruelty free, and if you have more specific product requirements I’m more than happy to work with you to find a solution.
- My policy is generally as follows:
- I know that sometimes you need to style your hair yourself to get the full effect, so I will make a complimentary adjustment on your haircut when notified within 7 days. Adjustments on colors are done on a case by case basis, but if I have made an error, you don’t pay for my mistakes.
- I also know that sometimes you need to use the products for a few weeks to really get to know them, and sometimes you learn that it isn’t a good match for you. When notified within 30 days, you are welcome to return or exchange for another product.
- I try to be understanding and always give the benefit of the doubt. However, in the event that my return policy is being taken advantage of, you may be barred from future retail purchases or service appointments. Examples of this would include returning an unwanted product with the wrong contents, altering your cut or color on your own or by somebody else in an attempt to gain a free service, etc.
Politics and Religion
- In general, I prefer not to discuss these behind the chair.
- My personal stance is that most religions claim to be for treating each other with kindness and respect, and I don’t need to align with one specific deity in order to live my life treating others with kindness and respect.
- I believe that Black Lives Matter, Trans lives matter, everybody deserves an education, a living wage, and the opportunity to grow. I will never choose profit over people.
- If my values don’t align with yours, we may not be a good fit behind the chair, and I encourage you to find someone who may be a better fit for you.
- For my permanent and fashion colors, I use Pravana.
- For my lightener and glazes/toners, I use Eleven Australia.
- The environment can’t sustain us if we don’t protect it. I aim to responsibly recycle every part of salon waste that I’m able to. I do this through a few different avenues. The first is by focusing on how much of what products I’m using, because it’s always better to not create the waste in the first place. But sometimes waste is unavoidable and when that happens I save it to send to Green Circle to make sure it’s responsibly recycled and repurposed.
Am I missing something?
Email me at Sam@awildcoloristappears.com for a direct answer, and to have it added to the list above!